The decision to travel is your choice and you have a responsibility to ensure your safety and personal health. We take very seriously the health and epidemiology monitoring of our agents as well as the animals we protect. As you are aware of many countries continue to impose strict travel restrictions, the international transportation options available remain limited. If you are a resident of the DRC or Congolese planning to visit us, you must comply with the barrier measures against the current pandemic (Covid19) put in place.
Guidelines for your next visit
Here are the details of reliable and up-to-date information in our possession for potential travelers and visitors, so you can make informed decisions about your next visit to Kahuzi Biega National Park.
- 1. All visitors (researchers, tourists, journalists) must present a Covid -19 test certified by a reliable laboratory carried out 72 hours before arrival;
- 2. Wearing the mask is mandatory and social distancing during your visit in the park;
- 3. A distance of at least 1.5 meters should be observed during the gorilla visit;
- 4. Temperature control at the reception center and before entering the forest is imperative;
- 5. Hand sanitizers and hand washing tools have been installed in different places please use them;
- 6. Improved cleaning measures are continuing, including increased cleaning of facilities with effective chlorine and approved by the Ministry of Health for cleaning and disinfection.
Visitors must follow the above guidelines in order to make your visit both safe and enjoyable.
For more information, please call +243 828 998 359
De Dieu Bya’Ombe B.
Director and Chief Warden ICCN/PNKB